Fire Sprinkler Systems
TRUSTED PLUMBING AND REMODELING
SERVice In NAPA, CA SINCE 1992
Facts about sprinkler systems
- Property loss during a fire reduces 70% when there are sprinklers in the home.
- Automatic fire sprinklers reduce your risk of dying in a fire by 80%.
- The quick reaction from sprinklers reduces the heat, flames, and smoke produced by a fire long enough for you to escape the building.
Contact us today
For more information on using our trained specialists to detect or repair a leak in your home, request a quote today
Importance of sprinklers in buildings and homes
Based on the above statistics, it’s clear that having sprinklers in your buildings and homes can have many benefits. However, many residential homes only have smoke alarms or sprinklers that do not work correctly. Also reported by the NFPA, 84% of reported house fires only had one operable sprinkler. This means that while sprinklers are present in the home, they aren’t always working as they should; however, it’s essential that your home has sprinklers that function correctly. Having sprinklers can also provide you with peace of mind knowing that you are protected in your space.
Regulations regarding fire sprinklers
The National Fire Protection organization provides all the guidelines for regulations about fire sprinkler systems in the United States. Some states require that all new residential homes built after 2018 must have a sprinkler system installed.
Commercial buildings have different regulations than residential homes. Businesses and government buildings must have a sprinkler system installed, but more significantly, commercial buildings constructed after 2019 that are 5,000 sq. ft. or larger must have an advanced fire sprinkler system.
Types of fire sprinkler systems we offer
There are four main types of sprinkler systems that All Star Plumbing can install in your home:
- Wet pipe sprinklers – The pipes in these systems contain water released when a sprinkler picks up excessive heat in a room or fire.
- Dry pipe sprinklers – Unlike wet pipe sprinklers, these don’t have water in the pipes. They contain air or gas released to trigger water that comes out through the sprinkler heads when a fire is detected.
- Deluge fire sprinklers – Similar to wet pipe sprinklers, deluge sprinklers contain water in their pipes and have a fire alarm system. When the system is triggered, water is automatically released into the area. These sprinklers do not necessarily detect a fire by themselves.
- Pre-action sprinklers – Containing both wet and dry pipes, the water is moved into the main system pipes when a fire is detected. A “door” is opened to let water flow through the pipes and the sprinkler head.
Commercial and residential specialists
All Star Plumbing has experienced technicians ready to help build and improve your fire sprinkler systems. We specialize in fire sprinkler repair services for malfunctioning or leaky systems. Our experience in building and improving fire sprinkler systems for small to medium sized projects prepared us to meet the various sprinkler needs of our customers.
- Inspection/Back Flush
- Design & Engineering
- Estimates & Installs
- Annual & 5 Year Tests
- Flow Tests
- Hydrostatic Tests
Ready to install a sprinkler system in your home or business?
Often, installing a sprinkler system can cost less than you think. It even has the potential to save you money in the long run, considering that the cost of installation will probably be less than what you would pay in the event of an emergency fire. All Star Plumbing can help you protect yourself, your family, and your business by installing a high-quality sprinkler system. Contact us today for more information.