TRUSTED PLUMBING AND REMODELING
SERVice In NAPA, CA SINCE 1992
Without piping in your home, you wouldn’t have clean water or disposal of waste from your sink, toilet, shower, or anything else that involves using water or gas. Having the correct piping and clean piping is one of the essential maintenance upkeeps you can do to keep your home in running order. What types of piping services do we provide?
Water Line Replacement
The water lines in your home connect the water supply to your home and to the drains and sewer systems provided by the city. Water lines are run under the ground so they are not visible from the outside and are usually made from plastic or copper.
While any number of things could indicate you have a water line problem, there are a few that you should look out for to avoid them becoming more serious:
- Clogged drains – Hair buildup, shampoo, soap, paper products, and other materials can cause drains to be clogged over time.
- Low water pressure – Potentially caused by a clogged faucet, pressure regulator, or problems with the shutoff valve, water will barely trickle out from the faucet if the water.
- Leaks – Most likely caused by corrosion or other types of damage, leaks can lead to more severe damage like mold or bursting pipes.
- Frozen pipes – When the weather turns cold, pipes are likely to freeze when unused or not used properly.
Problems with water lines are common, although fixing them can pose a challenge depending on the situation. To prevent these problems, use the water in your home regularly, clean out drains, and watch for pipe damage.
Replacing your Pipes
Repiping is where most of the piping system in a home is replaced, if not the entire system. This process is more common in older homes, especially those built more than 50 years ago. Similar to the above issues with low water pressure or leaks, there are more distinct signs that mean something more significant is going on with your pipes:
- Discolored water – If your water comes out any color other than clear, you should alert a plumber immediately. This could mean it isn’t safe to drink, much less used for anything else. Drinking contaminated water can make you extremely sick, so taking care of this problem is important.
- Odd smelling or tasting water – If your water has a funny smell or taste, you should call a plumber to come to inspect your pipes. Rust can easily infiltrate older piping systems, which can make you sick if you consume it.
Repiping a home is a significant job — one that you can’t do without a qualified plumber. We are your go-to trained professionals for this service.
Hydro jetting is one of the best ways to clean significant accumulation in water and sewer pipes, especially if the build-up has been sitting for some time. Water is sent through the pipes at a high-pressure speed to blast grime out of the way. A clogged drain is the most telltale sign that your pipes might benefit from hydro jetting, which can be temporarily fixed by using a snake. However, this won’t permanently solve your problem. Calling a plumber for hydro jetting is an effective way to keep your pipes in working order.
Appliances like washers, dryers, grills, and stoves need to be attached to the gas lines in your home. While not all homes have gas lines, the ones that do depend on them to function correctly. A mishap could be a matter of life or death in some cases, with a broken gas line potentially causing a leak or explosion. Some things to watch for in your home are:
- The smell of gas – If you start to smell something like sewer or rotten eggs, you should contact someone immediately. This is a sign that your gas lines are leaking, which could cause significant health problems for anyone who breathes in the chemicals for too long.
- Malfunctioning appliances – If your appliances stop working as they should or completely, you might have a problem with your gas line halting gas flow from the line to the appliance.
- Problems in your yard – Things like dead spots in your grass or landscaping could indicate that you have a gas line problem. If there is a leak in your lines, the gas will escape and kill your plants and grass.
- High gas bill – If your gas bill increases significantly, it could mean that your gas lines are working overtime. This is another sign of a leak, meaning that there could also be damage to the pipes.
If you are buying a new home, be sure to check with your home inspector to make sure all your gas lines are in working order. If you are already a homeowner, continually having maintenance checks on your gas lines.
What should you do if you have a problem with the pipes in your home?
Contact Us Piping allows you to use your appliances, plumbing, and virtually any other thing you need to do in your home. If there is a problem with your piping, you should contact us immediately. At All-Star Plumbing, we prioritize the health and safety of the people we serve. Piping issues can cause significant problems for your family, so let us fix what’s broken in your home.