Water Heater Replacement in Napa Conty, CA
TRUSTED PLUMBING AND REMODELING
SERVice In NAPA, CA SINCE 1992
Water heaters are the part of your water system that helps heat your water for the shower, bath, dishwasher, or washing machine in your home; they can be gas or electric. Located in most homes’ garages, basement, or laundry rooms, they can be an intimidating piece of machinery to fix.
Signs you have a problem with your water heater
Especially when the weather starts getting colder, water heaters can begin to act up. Five signs that you have a problem with your water heater:
- The water temperature fluctuates – Here, the water will either be consistently hot or cold. You could even begin to lose the hot water, which is a big sign that something isn’t right with your heater. Nobody likes taking a cold shower, so calling a plumber is necessary if you start experiencing this problem.
- Your water heater starts leaking – Water will begin to accumulate around it if it is leaking. This could cause damage to your floor or mold.
- Loud sounds – If you hear strange sounds coming from your water heater, such as a clanking, whining, or banging, this means that something is wrong.
- Strong odors from your water – Another sign you’re having problems is if your water starts smelling strange. This could mean it’s contaminated, so avoid drinking or using the water until the problem is fixed. If the water heater itself begins to smell strange, call or text a plumber immediately.
Contact us today
For more information on using our trained specialists to detect or repair a leak in your home, request a quote today
What causes problems with water heaters?
Because water heaters rely on complex systems to work, several things could be wrong with them. Most of the time, age is the biggest factor. Generally though the causes of problems are also dependent on the type of unit you have. If the unit is older than ten years old, it can experience general maintenance problems because of its age. Older water heaters can make noises or cause your water temperature to decrease as well slowly.
Broken parts such as the heating device, anode rod, thermostat, or dip tube are also the main contributors to water heaters’ problems. Replacing these parts can immediately fix some of the most inconvenient issues but may not be cost effective.
Two types: tankless and conventional tank water heaters
Newer water heaters are more efficient than those of 10 or 20 years ago. New models use less water and gas, which can save you a lot of money in the long run. They are also better for the environment. When replacing your unit, there are three main types we recommend:
Conventional tank water heater
Considered the most common type, it stores between 30 and 50 gallons of hot water in a tank and keeps the temperature of the stored water a consistent temperature ready for use any time.
Tankless water heaters
This type of unit does not store the water or keep it hot, but when needed, water flows thru heated elements that heat the water as needed rather than storing it in a storage tank. They are known for being more energy-efficient than traditional tank water heaters, they can save approximately 30% on the energy required to heat your water.
How do you choose the type of water heater best for your needs?
Think about these questions when choosing a water heater replacement:
- Is the system more energy efficient than the one I am replacing?
- Does the system fit in the space?
- Is it the right size for my family’s water usage?
- What type of fuel does it use? Is the fuel cost-effective and available in my area?
- What is the total cost and does this system work with my budget?
Here are some of the pros and cons of each:
|Conventional Water Heater||Tankless Water Heater|
Ready to replace your water heater?
All Star Plumbing features tank units with the latest technologies from leading manufacturers Bradford White, Navien, and Noitz. We recommend and install Rinnai tankless water heaters.
We service and install all of them and are trained to make the installation process smooth and efficient, and any other repairs you might need. We will also help you through the decision-making process.
Contact us for your free estimate today!